I finished it at the weekend. This is what it looks like now:
Thursday, 17 July 2014
Thursday, 10 July 2014
Saturday, 5 July 2014
So, this is going to be my next refashion project!
I bought this dress at a kilo sale last year, but it is far too small on the ribs, and a little too costumey.
My main reason for buying was the fabric...however it spent a few months stored away, as I couldn't decide what to do with it!
Recently I was watching a new TV show, This Old Thing, which has a section where vintage clothes are transformed with a little nip and tuck, and I was inspired!
I've decided to do something similar to what I did with my retro floral dress (which I wear so much during the summer months!)
This time, I won't be able to use the bodice (it's too small!) so I'll keep that aside for future projects.
Instead, I'm going to:
- Cut off the bottom half of the skirt and rehem
- Make a new, sleeveless bodice from the bottom half of the skirt.
- Remove the white broderie anglais trim
- (Maybe) replace it with a flat trim
Overall it will hopefully have a similar shape to my floral dress, but I might play with the shape of the neckline a little. We shall see.
This won't happen yet as I've still got another project on (appearing soon on Doing A Thing) but after that, I'll be cutting and sewing like a madwoman!
Watch this space to see how I go :)