Wednesday 9 October 2013

Pinning Inspiration #21

Do you notice the details in the things you see?
This week's Pinning Inspiration looks at just that!

I think that details can make a huge difference, whether they're on a garment, a piece of artwork, something for your home, or a part of nature. Those details could be small or intricate or flamboyant and big and colourful.

 

I love the coils of wire used in the 'window garden' picture, for example. They slightly imitate the curved leaves of the plants and add extra interest to an otherwise plain piece of wire. This is only a small added detail, but is very effective!


 

 

When it comes to bolder details, the mass of golden feathers in the Christian Dior couture piece make a big statement, whilst retaining the aspect of class expected from designer couture.

 

For me, adding detail is about improving aesthetic, without detracting from the original creative vision. What is it for you?


(Next week, I'll turn the idea of details on its head!)

1 comment:

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...