Saturday 3 November 2012

NaNoWriMo!

 

It's already November, which means it's National Novel Writing Month

I have participated since 2010 and love the challenge of writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days!
Over the years I've become a very lazy writer and never get around to sitting down properly to write my ideas. NaNoWriMo is the ideal challege for me!

The idea of the challenge is 'quantity over quality': you don't go back and edit (you can do that in January, once the Christmas period is over!) you simply sit down and write.

I've added a word count widget in the bar at the right hand side of this blog. Over the past couple of days I've been writing like a mad thing but this year I'm not 'feeling it' as much as the past two years, so who knows where I'll get to...


If you're participating too, let's be writing buddies! :)

2 comments:

  1. Kei,...14000+ words,..you are a machine. I wasn't feeling it either and then had a huge epiphany and now I'm flying. Totally different path, but whatever right?!!! Hugs and support from me, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enormous task you set yourself. Have you ever gotten one of your November books published?

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...