Wednesday 14 December 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!


Yesterday, I ventured into the loft to find our Christmas tree! We always have an artificial tree since it means less mess and they last longer! At present we have a fibre-optic tree that my parents bought a few years ago, which is great because it means I don't have to fight with strings of Christmas lights! :)




This year, Mum and I decided the tree would be decorated in white, gold and silver. Of course, my handmade decorations are all up there! I did all the decorating myself - my middle sister was going to join in but changed her mind!


This little guy is a tradition for our tree! He's been on the tree for as long as I can remember. Even though he doesn't fit with the colourscheme, Mr Robin had to be there, so I perched him on the top.


We've been through a number of angels and fairies for the tree, from childish creations glued together at school to shop-bought angels. Now we have this plush angel, which I think was something given to my Mum (her friends give her lots of little Christmassy knick-knacks!)


Angels and birds were a bit of a theme this year, too! I'm not sure where either of these decorations came from, but the one on the left is new and the one on the right is another ornament 'older than I can remember'! There used to be a set of them but the others either went missing or broke.


Another couple of decorations given to my Mum by her friends (and still fitting in with the angel theme!). The silver heart was given to her recently by a friend visiting from Ireland. Isn't it sweet?!


Of course, reindeer don't really fit in with 'angels and birds', but they do fly (if they're Santa's reindeer anyway) so they totally count! :) The reindeer are new ornaments, bought this year. I think the bow is yet another pressie my Mum received from her friends!


Moving on...cherubs! I love how the white ones cling to the tree. They're a bit of a pain to thread onto the branches, but they look so cute! Mum bought the gold ones, though I'm not sure where they came from.


We only bought a couple of these cute doves, since there were only two left in the shop that were intact--a lot of them had lost their tails! But I thought they were lovely!
This was another new purchase; along with these doves and the reindeer we also bought some crystal drops and icicles!


And finally, what tree would be complete without a partridge?!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kei, thanks so much for coming by and praying for the family. It seems to have been a year of hospitals. I know they appreciate your kindness as much as I do. I love having you visit too. Your trees so pretty. I love the angel wings. This year I changed my tree up a bit and it's the first year in a while that I didn't have angels and Victorian doll ornaments hanging all over it.

    Hope you'll visit again soon. Merry Christmas Kia!!
    Hugs...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...