Wednesday 15 December 2010

Charitable Cushions


These cushions were all made with fabric that came from a charity shop! Recently some really beautiful fabrics came into my local charity shops, so I had to buy some! Most was fabric for upholstery and curtains/blinds, but I ended up buying lots of it with the intention of making a skirt. The skirt itself is yet to be made--watch this space!



The two cushions above were made using a combination of the aforementioned upholstery fabric, and some purple cord that I bought around 8 years ago. Originally I made a basic skirt from the cord (hand-sewn, since it was in the days before I owned a sewing machine!) for a fancy dress costume. The cord is actually part of a Clothkit for trousers, so has pattern lines printed on it--this makes the fabric a little more interesting than plain cord!




This last cushion is a Christmas present for my Nanny! She loves things with sentimental poems on, and she loves cushions, so after I saw the poem I decided to combine the two!
Again, the fabric came from a charity shop.
I embroidered the poem on with chain stitch, making use of an embroidery hoop (again, from a charity shop!) to keep the fabric taut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...